Things to consider
Before you start planning a new kitchen, the first thing you need to decide is whether you want to update your current kitchen with replacement doors and worktops or start totally from scratch, work from a blank canvas and have a fully fitted designed kitchen. Look at what you already have, what you like and don’t like and what you want to remove, move or keep. If the kitchen layout works, only change it if you can see it will bring a real benefit If you want an entirely new kitchen, think about the layout and how you use your current kitchen.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What elements do you want to be close to together?
- Where will you want most worktop space?
- How much storage do you need?
- Think about whether you need more than you currently have and what you need to store.
- Do you use your kitchen for dinner parties?
- Do you therefore need space for a table or for someone to sit to talk to you while you cook?
- Where do you want to keep all your utensils etc that you use most?
- Do you have a lot of gadgets and will you want these out on display so you can use them quickly or would you prefer to have them stored away?
- What appliances do you want and will there be room for them?
Thinking about how you use your current kitchen now and how you want to use the new one, will help ensure that your day-to-day needs will not get overlooked in the planning process.
Visit our Kitchen Showroom in Evesham and our experienced advisor will help YOU plan YOUR Kitchen exactly how YOU want it.